Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the man died

Why did he die? why did he leave me to face this world alone? where is my cover? He is no more! Culture has taken over peoples reasoning. They said I killed him, I killed my love, my night in shinning armour. Did I kill him so I will face this discrimination?This show of shame. Definitly not! Who would have known that the people who have been laughing with me, playing with my children and visiting us as a family over 16 years will turn enemy. My childeren are confused that their loving uncles and aunties have suddenly become hostile, distant and total strangers. Our culture must stand, they say. it is the way of our ancestors and it must not be neglected another shouts. So I have to go through this grueling exercise of proving my innocence, after all it is the way of our people. Who will stop this humilation, this degradation of womanhood....

No comments:

Post a Comment